Tuesday, March 4, 2008

"Happy Birthday, Columbia!"


Happy Birthday, Columbia, A. and I.!
The one and only concert venue that deserved my attention again and again throughout the so far Berlin years is celebrating its 10th birthday this weekend. A large number of my favourites left their blood, sweat and tears on the three stages that belong to Columbia: New Model Army, The Smashing Pumpkins, Lacrimosa, Dark Tranquillity, Robert Plant & The Strange Sensation, Nine Inch Nails, Turbonegro, Samael, Therion, In Extremo, Tiamat, Type O Negative, Wolfmother, Soulfly, Spock's Beard, Tool, The Sisters of Mercy, Motörhead, just to mention the most memorable few.
And with that awesome venue, two friends of mine who are working there are celebrating birthdays, too. So, due to the public transport being on strike for more money and less work this week, I will do the puss-in-boots thingy and walk to the party in a couple of days.
As it is common to give a toast to birthdayness in Germany, I hereby rise my fourth cup of coffee and say CHEERS & TO THE NEXT TEN YEARS to Columbia and CHEERS & TO LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND ALL THE REST to my friends!

May the goddess of noise and lightning be with you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

over here, ivy Columbia celebrates her 150th birthday.

Anonymous said...

uh uh, isn't there a tiny little band missing, eh??? ts ts ts, the moment I'm out of the country ... ;-)