Monday, December 10, 2007

"Curio At Astor Place"






















I missed two trains the other day waiting for this photo to happen. It's been worth it, isn't it?

It made me smile the whole trip uptown to 86th street where I was meeting another visiting scholar to finally go into the Guggenheim museum. I am actually considering the renting of a public toilet in Berlin now to change it into a record store. Anybody with me?

Guggenheim itself was even more fun that evening. It's been very crowded, as on Friday nights you don't have to pay the regular entrance fee, but give a donation of as much as you think is appropriate (we figured five bugs for two students was more than appropriate).

Apart from that I was happy to finally see the Sonic Nurses by Richard Prince, and to visit my favorite Yellow Cow again, a painting by Franz Marc I had already seen in Germany before. I kindly added this faithful photographic reproduction of the original two-dimensional work of art to my blog - as it is now part of the public domain because its copyright has expired, but only in the EU, the United States and Canada and those countries with a copyright term of life of the author plus 70 years. Anyone dropping by from a different country, please close your eyes

NOW.


No comments: